The new procedure for obtaining the transcripts from Anna University is available here. The COE’s office is still working on the shipping part.
What certificates/documents do you require?
- Application Form
- You CANNOT download the application form online. You can only get it from the office of Controller of Examination(COE) – Anna University. Before the official gives you the application form, he/she makes sure you have the following required documents.
- Photocopy of Degree Certificate
- Photocopy of Consolidated Mark Sheet
- Photocopy of XII/X Grade Mark Sheet for proof of Date Of Birth
- Photocopy of Address Proof (Passport/Driving Licence/etc.,)
- Demand Draft(DD)
- DD should be drawn in favor of the ‘Controller of Examination, Anna University, Chennai – 25’ payable at Chennai. After filling the application form, write your full name, register number and application number behind.
- Passport size photograph
- After filling the application form, write your full name, register number and application number behind.
- Foolscap(Locally called Fullscape) Envelope
How do I contact?
- The contact numbers are +914422357247 and +914422357248. Call them upfront to check if your transcripts are ready to be collected referring your application number.
How long does it take?
- The outdated official website says if you provide the original certificates, it would take 1 week and 1 month for photocopies. I was asked to give only the photocopies and the COE official said the transcripts would be ready in 10 working days. True to his word, the transcripts were ready in exactly 10 working days.
How much does it cost?
- Transcripts: INR 500
- Please note that you are NOT REQUIRED to hand over any original certificates/documents. Earlier they were collecting the originals, but now all they ask for are the photocopies.
- Don’t forget to note down your application number. This will be required for your future correspondence with the university officials.
- The transcripts are received in an open envelope. Verify if the transcripts are correct, take a photocopy if required and then seal it back in the original envelope which already has the official seal and sign.
- I am getting my transcripts for the World Education Services(WES) – Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA). I am getting ONLY the transcripts. I am NOT going through the university’s WES Procedure or getting a Non-Issuance of Semester Wise Mark Sheet. I have not downloaded the WES Academic Records Request Form either.
- I have successfully completed my ECA from WES as on 18th April 2016.
Thanks for reading. Hope this helps and wish you get your transcripts soon.