What is WES?
- World Education Services (WES) is a nonprofit organization that provides credential evaluations for international students and immigrants planning to study or work in the U.S. and Canada.
Why WES ECA?
- WES is designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for degree(s) earned outside of Canada.
- An ECA is required to apply for certain CIC immigration programs.
- ECA obtained through WES is time and cost effective.
How to get your educational credentials assessed?
- Use the free WES Degree Equivalency Tool to see what your degree is worth in Canada.
- Check the different Documents to Send based on your level of education.
- Ensure the documents meet the WES requirements using the Document Submission Checklist.
- After making sure you have all the documents to WES specification, complete the WES Application and get a WES Reference Number.
- Send the documents by post or courier to WES with the WES Reference Number written on the envelope.
Where to send the documents?
- You can find the postal and courier address here.
How to send the documents?
- I spent considerable time talking to folks from the logistics industry and analyzing the different ways to send the documents. I would suggest the following carriers.
- DHL: DHL is the most preferred carrier to send documents from India to North America. DHL offers a discounted price for sending documents to universities/WES.
- WorldNet Express: WorldNet Express (WNX) is the express service launched under the partnership between India Post and Deutsche Post World Net (DPWN). If you are sending documents from a small town or a remote village, this is the most preferred carrier.
How long does it take?
- This is my WES – ECA timeline:
|29 March||Courier Sent|
|31 March||Courier Delivered|
|06 April||Documents received – review in progress|
|11 April||Evaluation in Progress|
|27 April||Received report by post|
How much does it cost?
- WES Package: CAD 233.91
- Shipping cost by DHL: INR 1265 (From Chennai, varies with time)
- Shipping cost by DHL: INR 1390 (From Madurai, varies with time)
- Shipping cost by WNX: INR 1454 (From anywhere in India, varies with time)
How long is it valid?
- WES – ECA received is valid for five years from the date of issue.
Thanks for reading. Hope this helps and wish you get your credentials evaluated soon.